What is a Keratin Treatment?
Keratin Smoothing Treatments are a non permanent hair treatment:
- The hair is coated with a Keratin solution (keratin is the protein found in hair) which is then bonded to the hair cuticle using heat from hair dryer and from straightening irons.
- Keratin treatments help smooth wavy and frizzy hair hence giving an end result of straightening the hair.
- Keratin Treatments can also help recondition the hair and restore shine.
- The hair structure is not altered.
- Typically treatments last between 6-10 weeks with the results tending to improve with each successive treatment.
Read our information on permanent hair straightening if you want pin straight hair.
Lots of brands – let us help you choose
There are many brands of keratin treatments on the market. We have tested many brands in our search for the best product that delivers excellent results. And we continue to keep searching so you can feel confident of always receiving the best available in the market place. So don’t be fooled into thinking that the cheapest price will get you the best outcome. Great keratin treatments that deliver outstanding results are more expensive. The life of all keratin treatments is extended by the use of appropriate keratin safe shampoos, conditioners and masks.
Not all hair will be suited for a keratin treatment and results will differ from person to person. Feel free to book in for a complimentary consultation where we can ensure you’re getting the right advice.
To provide you with information on pricing, please call us to book in for a complimentary consultation at our salon in Darlinghurst so that we may correctly assess your hair.
Brazilian Hair Straightening also known as Keratin Smoothing Treatment.
This form of keratin treatment originally emerged from Brazil. There are many brands of keratin treatment on the market today, not all offering the same levels of health and safety with some brands being taken off the market. We continually research and trial new brands of keratin treatment to ensure we offer our clients the most effective solution using the safest ingredients.
We currently recommend Goldwell Kerasilk Keratin Treatment.
We also offer the Trichovedic Keratin Smoothing Treatment. These brands are backed by professional independent safety certification. The are also Sulfate-free, Sodium Chloride-free and Paraben-free.