Policies help guide us on how we can best serve you and articulate how you can assist us to continue to provide excellent service to you and others in a sustainable way.
OUR “NEW NORMAL”
We are a Covid Safe business. We are confident with the following covid-safe restrictions you are in safe hands:
- Limit number of stylists per location.
- High standard of sanitisation of chairs, basins, stations and all public salon areas.
- Maintain with social distancing for clients minimum 4 m2.
- Staff will wear masks and gloves where ever possible (gloves not possible when cutting).
- No cash transactions – only card transactions accepted.
- $100 non-refundable deposit required to secure appointment – if you are unable to attend the deposit will go onto your account for use at a later date. No exceptions to this rule.
- All clients required to answer screening health questions when making an appointment and when arriving at the salon.
- Clients must come to the salon alone – no children or companions permitted.
- Stylists have been given extra time to sanitise themselves and their work spaces before seeing a new client.
- Bookings are essential.
- Use of the Service NSW App: we strongly recommend that all clients download the NSW Government Service NSW App. This app is very helpful to contact tracers in the event of an incident – PLEASE HELP OUR COMMUNITY STAY SAFE.
We kindly ask that you:
- Contact us ahead of time to re-arrange your appointment if you are feeling unwell, have a temperature or if any person in your household has cold symptoms or is self-isolating.
- Remain informed and aware of the latest government Covid 19 announcements. Self isolate if you have been to any hotspots even if you are not displaying symptoms.
- Be patient with us:
- Covid precautions have changed the way we are working and sometimes require us to adjust rosters at short notice;
- If we need to ask screening questions;
- If we take slightly longer to respond to your inquiries.
- Personal protective equipment, additional cleaning and social distancing has meant that regrettably there is a small additional charge of $7 included in your account. Most of our pricing is inclusive of this fee but please accept our apologies if some pricing is not 100% accurate at the time of publishing.
- Please arrive at the agreed time.
- NO cash please. Bring a credit or EFTPOS card as your payment. Visa or MasterCard are preferred.
- Wash your hands and/or apply hand sanitiser as directed by our team before and after each treatment.
- Please follow government advice (and law) and wear a face mask.
- Talk to your stylist if you feel uncomfortable with any part of your service.
- Download the Service NSW app to assist in contact tracing should an outbreak occur.
DEPOSITS FOR APPOINTMENTS
All clients are required to pay a $100 security deposit via credit card to secure their appointment.
When booking online, all clients are required to pay a $100 deposit via credit card/Paypal.
Deposits are the way to secure your appointment, the funds sit on your account and appear as a deduction from your bill at the end of your appointment.
Deposits may be requested of existing clients if they have missed an appointment without providing the required notice period for cancellation
Deposits are forfeited if you do not supply us with the required notice period for a reschedule or cancellation.
CARD PROCESSING FEES
Cashless and contactless payments are safer.
Card processing fees incur a fee and will be automatically calculated and added to the total service bill at point of sale by the credit card terminal as follows:
- EFTPOS – 0.22c
- VISA – 0.83%
- MASTERCARD – 0.82%
- AMERICAN EXPRESS – 3.02%
These charges will appear on your credit card receipt, and are compliant with ACCC regulations. All costs include GST and will be assessed annually. We don’t charge more than it costs!
We are quite particular about running on time, according to the schedule.
Running late impacts everyone – you, our team and everyone who comes in after you.
However, we are aware that life (and Sydney traffic!) can get in the way, and running late is unavoidable for you and even our team. For this reason, we promise to try and call you well in advance of your appointment should we envisage running more than 15 minutes late. It’s always a good idea to let us know if you have time constraints ie need to leave at a specific time, at the time of booking. We can place an alert on your appointment so we are all aware of your requirements.
If you are running late, please call us as soon as possible. If you are running more than 15 minutes late from the scheduled booking time, then we may have to reschedule your appointment or offer an alternative stylist to complete your service. We will do everything possible to accommodate you but sometimes, we will just have to reschedule your appointment.
In return, we ask that you extend us understanding if our team are running late for your appointment.
STANDARD BLOWDRIES AND EXTRA STYLING
A full blow dry is included in the cost of your haircut. Our stylists will perform this blow-dry in the time allocated to your appointment.
The only tools used in these blowdries are brushes, clips and a blow-drier. If you prefer to have extra styling to your hair using tools such as irons or wands and this request takes us beyond the standard service time an additional charge of $25.00 will be added to your bill and will be performed by the most appropriate person available at the time.
COMPLIMENTARY FRINGE AND NECK TRIMS
To help extend the life of your haircut we offer a complimentary fringe and/or neck trim service as long as it is within 4 weeks of your last haircut service with us.
COMPLIMENTARY HAIR ADJUSTMENTS
We want you to walk out of our doors happy with the service we have provided.
If you are unhappy with the cut we will adjust it, if you are unhappy with the colour we will fix it. We understand that it may be stressful for you if things aren’t right. However, we require some flexibility and availability from you to rectify the problem and being angry or unreasonable with us will not resolve the problem any quicker.
In the unlikely event that your cut requires an adjustment please call us within a week of your visit and we will see to it that you leave us happy, free of charge.
If it is your colour that needs adjusting, we need:
- to see you in person within 2 salon trading days of your appointment, and
- we require the opportunity to correct and adjust the colour using our stylists and our colour products.
Please do not visit another salon to have the colour changed and expect us to pay for this service.
The complimentary adjustments are limited to the services you had with us originally and the approach to colour you agreed with your stylist during the consultation.
Keratin smoothing treatments always require heat activation (from a blowdryer or irons) to achieve smoothness. If you have any concerns, then please book an appointment so we can show you how to achieve smooth hair.
We do not offer complimentary adjustments for a change of mind.
WE ARE A SUSTAINABLE SALON
We are proud to be part of the Sustainable Salons Australia movement where 95% of salon waste is recycled or repurposed to support our planet.
On average, we are saving 10kg of waste per week from going into the landfill by recycling the following:
- Foils from highlights
- Hair from haircuts
- Hairdresing tools that are non salvegable
- Metal from colour tubes or equipment
This is what we do with your hair after a visit…
Your hair clippings are collected and stockpiled by Sustainable Salons and stuffed into very large nylon stockings. It turns out that hair is brilliant at soaking up oil, so these booms will serve as a chemical-free sponge and barrier to prevent further contamination to the environment should an oil spill occur.
Hair booms provide an excellent alternative to using chemicals and dispersants to clearing oil spills and come at an environmental cost because the chemicals seep into the waterways and throw everything out of balance.
What this means for you….
Each time you visit us a small Green Fee / PPE fee of $7.00 is added to your service charge and goes towards supporting the Sustainable Salons Movement to play its part in sustainability and recycling without compromising the quality service we offer you as well as ensuring we are a Covid-safe salon.
For more information visit www.sustainablesalons.com.au
SOCIAL MEDIA PRIVACY