We are a Sustainable Salon
We can look after ourselves as well as the environment.
We have chosen a selection of what we believe to be some of the best care and colour products on the market today. These products have been chosen to reflect our company’s commitment to environmental sustainability without compromising on performance.
We are also proud to be a member of Sustainable Salons Australia where 95% of the waste we create is recycled.
Have you ever wondered what we do with your hair?
Basically hair clippings are collected and stockpiled by Sustainable Salons and stuffed into massive nylon stockings. It turns out that hair is brilliant at soaking up oil, so these booms will serve as a chemical-free sponge and barrier to prevent further contamination to the environment should an oil spill occur.
Hair booms provide an excellent alternative to using chemicals and dispersants to clearing oil spills and come at an environmental cost because the chemicals seep into the waterways and throw everything out of balance.
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Monitor chemical Waste (average less than 200g chemical waste per month) achieved through careful colour management;
- We recycle all packaging, bottles, plastic, paper and cardboard;
- We re-use all of our paper (both sides);
- Our retail bags are unbleached brown paper bags;
- Energy efficient lighting rated by Energy Australia;
- Our room temperature is always stable so we don’t over-use air-conditioning;
- We offer clean colour and haircare technology in professional colour and at-home hair care that offer healthier solutions by way of the ingredients they use;
- We avoid using heavy solvents wherever possible, opting to create our own simple fluid using vinegar and water and choosing eco-friendly cleaning products;
- The water we use eco-heads at the basin that filter our impurities in the water used to clean your hair. The unique filtration-system helps to reduce chlorine and generates negative ions as water goes through, which softens the hair for a smoother end result. Thanks to the purifying qualities of the filter screens, eco-heads also remove sediment, rust and sand for cleaner water.
- Personally, we try to avoid using take away food containers, disposable coffee cups and plastic bottles.