If you have had the pleasure of having our Advanced Stylist Carl Campbell look after your hair whilst in the salon, you’ll know he is a bundle of laughs and will come up with plenty of quirky conversation. Here he fills us in on some moustache fun facts in recognition of Movember this month…
- The oldest recorded moustache can be found on a felt carpet that dates back to 300bc. Check out the moustached horseman below from the Pyzyryk Siberian Iron Age!
- Pogonotomy is a fancy way to say the act or process of cutting a beard…Umm that’s like an uber-complicated way of saying gotta have a shave!
- An Indian man by the name of RAM SINGH CHAUHAN, holds the record for the longest mustache in the world! It’s 14 feet long OMG! His friend, who had a 7 foot long moustache, encouraged him to get in on growing a mo’!
- King of Hearts is the only No-Mo-Bro…in a deck of card.
- In the Victorian Era noble men would use a moustache spoon to protect their moustaches from soup!
- Frieda Kahlo is the most famous woman in the art world to rock a moustache. She also brought the uni brow into high fashion! Her paintings and self-portraits are beyond words out of this world beautiful!
- THE BEATLES gave away cut out cardboard moustaches with the purchase of their new album The Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band in 1967.
Support Lily Jackson Hair & Makeup through Movember! Make a donation to our cause and watch our my mo’s grow!
Throughout the month of November, $5 from every men’s haircut we do at Lily Jackson Hair & Make Up is being donated to Movember. Have a free mo-scaping session with your haircut too to have your mo’ looking its best.