We offer three opportunities to get amazing hair for free at Lily Jackson Hair and Makeup:
- Become a model for our training academy on Tuesdays.
- Be a model for qualified stylists who are performing a trial with us before we consider them for employment.
- Be a model for a Lily Jackson Hair and Makeup photo or video shoot.
Read on for a full explanation of the pros and cons of each option.
1. Tuesday training academy – (almost free)
This academy is run every Tuesday for our apprentices who are training to be come qualified stylists. There is a small cost of $35 to cover hair colour if you have it, otherwise cuts and blowdry’s are free.
Each session forms part of a formal training program and is fully supervised by senior stylists who are involved in hands on training of their students. We generally offer two appointment times: 10:00am and 12:30pm. To secure your appointment you will need to pay for your colour service up front.
TO PUT YOURSELF ON OUR ACADEMY MODEL LIST, COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.
- Free hair services (apart from the hair colour charge to cover product).
- It takes place every Tuesday.
- Depending on the stylists progression you may be able to have more than one appointment for a particular service.
- The work is fully supervised at every step so there are no mistakes or problems.
- Great way to have your hair coloured and/or cut for free (apart from the cost of they hair colour).
- Beautiful salon experience, you are treated like any other customer and offered a lovely array of refreshments and beverages, and free wifi.
- You get limited choice on what to have done. If an apprentice is studying tint application, then a one colour all over tint application is all that will be offered. If an apprentice is learning how to cut hair in a straight line, then only people with long straight hair would be suitable.
- The service may take longer to perform – they are learning after all.
2. Be a model for qualified stylists who are trialling with us
Our cultural foundation is build on our passion for customer service excellence and technical brilliance. There are so many bad to average hairdressers out there giving the industry a poor image. To join us, prospective employees need to prove to us that have what it takes to WOW our customers. So we get them to perform trials with us after we’ve interviewed them and viewed their portfolio.
There is no charge for this service irrespective of whether you have colour. This service does not cover colour correction (fixing botched colours from other hairdressers or supermarket box colour).
These trials can take place any day and you can be guaranteed of amazing hair.
- Incredibly beautiful hair that is free.
- Qualified stylists are looking to impress us with their work. We’ve pre-vetted them so expected to be WOW’ed. The only reason we wouldn’t hire them is a cultural fit issue (which is a big priority for us).
- All colour work is verified with the Director before it takes place. So we ensure that at all times, the correct products to achieve the desired outcomes are being used.
- You get to try before you buy hairdresser for free! You get what you asked for (within the confines of the time allocated for the appointment).
- It’s a once off service.
- Doesn’t happen that often.
- First in – best dressed.
TO PUT YOURSELF ON OUR HAIR TRIAL MODEL LIST, COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.
3. Become a model for a collection photo shoot
A few times per year we hold photo shoots to create a photographic collection for use in our promotions. We typically have a theme or a number of looks we are creating and therefore seek out models who have a particular look. As these shoots often have specific requirements we will ask you to send us a selfie of your current hair after you register so that we have it on file and can refer to it at the times of the shoots.
These collections are shot by a professional photographer and photos of you are available to you at no charge. These are ideal images for budding models looking to create a look book.
- Incredibly beautiful and creative hair and makeup that is free.
- Professionally shot images that you get to keep.
- Some collections might require models to have creative colour. It won’t be gaudy or trashy but it will definitely be striking.
- Takes place only a couple of times per year and you may not have the type of hair or the look we need for the shoot.
- You will need to be available to have your hairstyle created on one day and be available for the actual photo shoot on another day.
- You need to feel comfortable about us using the images in our marketing – you will have to sign a model release form prior to being accepted.
TO PUT YOURSELF ON OUR COLLECTION PHOTO SHOOT LIST, PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.