- Why did you choose to become a hairdresser?
My hairdresser actually inspired me to go down this track.
I studied hairdressing at a private college in 2012 but ended up not enjoying it. Following that, I worked in cooperate for a while and didn’t enjoy that either.
After a few years of self reflection I decided to try hairdressing again and being a client of Lily Jackson first, made me realise it was going to be something that I would love.
- How long have you been hairdressing?
2016 is my first year.
- What’s the best part of your job?
The people and the friendships I’ve made.
- What are you passionate about outside of hairdressing?
I like baking and trying new recipes. I fail a lot, but I always have my friends as Guinea pigs hehe.
- What’s the funniest moment you remember from your career?
This probably isn’t funny but but we did get a laugh out of it.
When I was working at Nespresso, a customer had called to complain that her new machine wasn’t working and I was on the receiving end of some nasty comments; after she’d finished I asked if there was water in the water tank… Silence… The line drops and we never heard back from her.
- Do you have any career highlights you’d like to mention?
I got a chance to work behind the scenes of The Great Gatsby which was fun.
- What’s your favourite music at the moment?
I go through stages but I’ve been listening to the top 50 Neatherlands on Spotify recently.
- Do you have a pet?
We have a family dog named Pizza and a cat which was rescued from RSPCA, called Skrinkles, for my friend on his birthday but we share custody of her.
- What the question you get asked the most?
I get asked a lot of IT questions and my first response is “have you tried restarting the device”, 9 out of 10 times it actually works.
- Why did you choose Lily Jackson Hair & Makeup?
I used to love the vibe coming to the salon as a client and now I get to experience it everyday. I know how passionate everyone is at Lily Jackson and being there I get to learn from the best.